Re: [orca-list] grade 2 braille again

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 01:16:16PM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Daniel:

Hi Will, sorry about the delay, I've been out of town.

I tested this with Orca from trunk, liblouis 1.5.2, and BrlTTY 3.9 on my
OpenSolaris 2008.11 b109 box (GNOME 2.24.2) using the UEBC-g2.ctb table.
 These are the versions of liblouis and BrlTTY that we test with and use
on OpenSolaris.  Being a bit more on the conservative side, we also try
make sure they function properly before unleashing them on unsuspecting
users.  :-)  Things seemed to work fine and as expected. No crashes.

Hmmm, I tried 3.9 brltty, but it wouldn't compile for me... I ended up
converting an rpm to deb and getting it to run under a console... BRLTTY
didn't work with orca eg. I didn't see any braille... When I put my old
configuration files back in place, (still running 3.9), orca recognised
the braille display, and did the same as 3.10 and crashed... So with a
config file it crashes and with out it just ignores braille and runs as
usual...

I have installed liblouis (the version you specified above).

So have you got any other ideas?

Could you test with the latest version of brltty out of svn? (since that
seems to be compiling).

BTW, shouldn't we be using more recent versions of software when
developing orca? Because I'm guessing more people have moved up to 3.10
or just straight out of svn...

Just a thought.

Any other Ideas?

Thanks very much for your help,