Re: [orca-list] grade 2 braille again

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 06:58:16PM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:
Hi Daniel:

Hi Will,

I tested this with Orca from trunk, liblouis 1.5.2, and BrlTTY 3.9 on
my  OpenSolaris 2008.11 b109 box (GNOME 2.24.2) using the UEBC-g2.ctb
table.   These are the versions of liblouis and BrlTTY that we test
with and use on OpenSolaris.  Being a bit more on the conservative
side, we also try make sure they function properly before unleashing
them on unsuspecting users.  :-)  Things seemed to work fine and as
expected. No crashes.

I spent the past couple hours updating the OpenSolaris spec files to get
BrlTTY 3.10 and liblouis 1.6.0 to build/compile/install.  I used Orca
from trunk and UEBC-g2 as the contraction table.  Things work fine and

Thanks very much.
It confirms that brltty isn't the problem, so it must be my version of
liblouis...

I'm very sorry, because after I ran
find /usr | grep liblouis
and rm all the resulting paths, then reinstalled liblouis everything
worked as expected! I feel like a total idiot now, but I think there
were multiple .so files that were causing trouble...

Anyway it's all working now, so thanks very much!

One other thing, I have noticed a couple of minor errors in the
contraction table of liblouis, however, I've already addressed these
bugs in brltty. So, why do we have two contraction libraries, liblouis
and brltty? Wouldn't it be better to just use one of them, perhaps
brltty directly from orca?

What was the reason with going with liblouis?

Just curious more than anything...

Thanks very much

Cheers,

Daniel.