Re: [orca-list] grade 2 braille again

Hi Daniel:

I tested this with Orca from trunk, liblouis 1.5.2, and BrlTTY 3.9 on my OpenSolaris 2008.11 b109 box (GNOME 2.24.2) using the UEBC-g2.ctb table. These are the versions of liblouis and BrlTTY that we test with and use on OpenSolaris. Being a bit more on the conservative side, we also try make sure they function properly before unleashing them on unsuspecting users. :-) Things seemed to work fine and as expected. No crashes.

So, this tells me Orca is probably doing the right thing and that a bug or backwards incompatibility might have been introduced in whatever version of liblouis or BrlTTY you might be using. Can you try going to liblouis 1.5.2 and BrlTTY 3.9 and see if things work for you?

In addition, the inclusion of /usr/local in the places where things have been installed seems to indicate it might be possible that you accidentally built/installed something to a potentially unexpected place, leaving your system in an unexpected state.

Will