Re: [orca-list] Right-Clicking On Nautilus Desktop With No Selected Items

To bring up the menu for the desktop, you should be able to press Ctrl+Alt+D to clear the desktop and give focus to the desktop. If an icon is selected on the desktop, you can press Ctrl+Space to deselect it -- you might need to press it twice for some reason. At that point, you can press Shift+F10 to bring up the menu for the desktop.

You might also find the GNOME Desktop Accessibility GUIDE useful:

http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/
http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/nightly/keynav-0.html.en

Hope this helps,

Will

Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi List,
On the Vinux list, I have been instructed to click on the Nautilus desktop to bring up a special menu without anything selected. Try as I might, I cannot seem to focus the desktop without automatically selecting an icon. As a long time Windows user, I of course have tried the control + space bar keystroke but this does not work on the desktop. Does Orca itself (or maybe Linux) have any keystroke to unselect an item on the desktop?

"every time I say something they find hard to hear
they chalk it up to my anger
and never to their own fear"
Ani Difranco: I'm Not A Pretty Girl 1995