Re: [orca-list] Page presentation issues

On 17/05/2008, Jason White <jason jasonjgw net> wrote:
Some of us don't have Windows, and have never used Windows. If you look back
at my prior posts to this list, you'll notice that I haven't made any claims
about Windows. I don't think Janina has made such claims either, for that
matter.

Well, I think mis interpritation of any email generally leads to such
fights which are not just off topic but also derail the entire
mission.
What we're on this list for is to discuss Orca, and to help to improve it.
exactly.  and since we are on this list at least most of us value
their freedom and I strongly object any one taking name of any
particular brand and speak about its cost etc.  Freedom is the most
costly thing in this world and that is what we get with free software.
  So it is my strong requesst, Please don't do any negative comparison
of a certain proprietory software with free software.  this is
absolutely below dignity for freedom fighters like myself and many
others.  We better stick to improving our software with the help of
the hackers community and do nothing else that starts a flame war.
The
purpose of these discussions is to make Orca the best software that it can
be,
and to keep the community thriving.

Exactly I second that.
Whether Windows is better or worse in this or that technical detail I really
don't care, as long as Linux accessibility continues to improve.

Well many on this list might actually care.  it is not the question of
whether this is better or that.  I don't find any comparison between a
certain proprietory software and free software.  no proprietory
software will give such huge scope for improvements and the freedom
aspect can't be ignored.  So please give constructive feedback to help
improve orca rather than talking about what americans use or how
costly or cheep it is.

Let's bring this discussion back on track and focus on whether there are
Orca
bugs that need fixing. So far, I've read various posts from people who
report
performance problems, but with no detail as to what the cause might be. To
find that out, there are profiling techniques available that could tell you
where the system is spending its time and what the performance-critical code
might be - for all I know, it might not be in Orca but in some other
component on which Orca depends.
well not just for this topic, let's make this mailing list a truely
most civilised list and add value to our own freedom and others.
most of you new comers and unfortunately many seasoned ones as well,
Please report the problem keeping one thing in mind.  your "favorite "
proprietory software does not give you any say in how the system
should be and how fast a certain bug could be solved.  when any one
discusses a bug please also exactly give the cause and what was the
last thing that made it happen, instead of "orca works slow, I am
using x distro and y version and z software with orca it is slow as
compared to a certain brand ".
Please also mention if you already found the information you wanted
with the help of flat review key and if you can manage, also mention
which part of the screen renders the info to orca in what situation.
this helps us a lot to find out things much easily.
happy hacking.
Kk
Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org