Re: [orca-list] Page presentation issues

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 10:35:31AM +0200, Hermann wrote:

I don't think your Americans are that poor, so don't talk this way.
Each of you has a Windows, otherwise you were not able to state anything
about its usefulness/uselessness.

Some of us don't have Windows, and have never used Windows. If you look back
at my prior posts to this list, you'll notice that I haven't made any claims
about Windows. I don't think Janina has made such claims either, for that
matter.

What we're on this list for is to discuss Orca, and to help to improve it. The
purpose of these discussions is to make Orca the best software that it can be,
and to keep the community thriving.

Whether Windows is better or worse in this or that technical detail I really
don't care, as long as Linux accessibility continues to improve.

Let's bring this discussion back on track and focus on whether there are Orca
bugs that need fixing. So far, I've read various posts from people who report
performance problems, but with no detail as to what the cause might be. To
find that out, there are profiling techniques available that could tell you
where the system is spending its time and what the performance-critical code
might be - for all I know, it might not be in Orca but in some other
component on which Orca depends.

Since I'm not experiencing the problems, I can't help to track them down;
someone else will have to do it.