Re: [orca-list] Capital, Capital, Capital

am Di 18. Mär 2008 um 09:35:26 schrieb Kenny Hitt <kenny hittsjunk net>:
Hi.  Please don't do this.  I would only ask that espeak say "cap" instead of "capital".  I'm one of those
few users
who has never liked pitch change for capitals.  Until recently, I was stuck with this, I was really glad
when speech-dispatcher started saying capital instead of
just changing the pitch.

What? Am I missing something? I use Orca with SD under Gutsy and Orca
2.22.0, and I hear a rising pitch when I type a capital letter. Any idea
why Orca/SD behaves that different?
And BTW: I prefer the announcement of a capital letter instead of a
pitch, since the German word for "capital" just has one syllable.
Very astonishing!
Hermann