Re: [orca-list] Orca 2.22.0 a bad regression

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 02:50:43AM -0500, Kenny Hitt wrote:

It is the same problem.  The reply I saw on the list said they could
reproduce it and knew about it.  That's why I made the below comment.  It
wasn't broken during the 2.21 versions I tested, however, I didn't test all
2.21 releases.

there were known to be problems with "say all". Your other problem with
missing text while reading with the cursor keys was not reproducable.

Sure, no Orca developers were around on #orca for the past week.  Problems
couldn't get addressed.  They knew the release schedule as well as the date
of the conference.  At this point, it appears showing off new toys was more
important to them.  It looks like all developers were needed at the
conference.

There aren't many Orca developers, unfortunately. If you want to encourage
more people with Python and programming skills to get involved in fixing bugs,
I'm sure everyone would welcome it, and the bugs would be fixed more quickly.
I have already posted 2 examples for this problem.  I have a solution here,
downgrade Orca or use elinks.  Lucky for me the sites I need now can be
viewed with elinks.  I'm posting this because I feel it is an issue that
needs to be addressed for the future.

The bugs need to be addressed. I don't think there is any wider issue as I am
satisfied that the Orca developers have acted in the best interests of the
community. When there are few resources available, it's always a difficult
problem of ruthlessly prioritizing the available time and expertise.