Re: [orca-list] Alsa-OSS Politics?

"MW" == Michael Whapples <mwhapples aim com> writes:

    MW> Hello, Tomas, I think it is possible from what you describe for
    MW> speech-dispatcher to meet the needs of a "gnome orientated
    MW> system" for multiple users. My example of users using speakup,
    MW> and the suggestions related to that, aren't actually from a need
    MW> I have, and I don't know if that is what ubuntu needs, its just
    MW> I like to try and solve a problem fully, rather than try and
    MW> solve immediate issues (which may make future improvements
    MW> harder to implement).
Right, it is not bad idea but we must choose what is most important now.
All developers teams have limited sources so unfortunately we need
decide what is necessary make now and what is possible make later.

Regarding sound I think, that in near future come a change. I hope that
finally come some good sound system solution like pulseaudio or something
so. But for this moment we take a think why isn't possible include SD
into Ubuntu and from this point we don't see any relevant reason.

Believe please us that we work very hard that SD works how is necessary.

Have a nice day

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008