Re: [orca-list] A few very basic questions

Hi Ollie

You can make an accessible installation of Ubuntu
running Orca as root and then the installer.
Or by configuring Orca to access to system administration apps
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/SysAdmin

The steps are:

1. Start Ubuntu 7.10 with accessibility (screen reader)
2. Open a terminal gnome-terminal
3. Launch Orca as root sudo orca -n&
4. Launch the installer with the command ubiquity
5. Now you can install Ubuntu with Orca.

Regarding system trall
all the system trall elements are located in the top and bottom panel
you can navigate using GNOME keyboard commands pressing control + alt +
tab
to go to top panel, desktop or bottom panel in the top and bottom you
have different elements that you can navigate using tab key.

Hope this help

Regards,

Javier
El lun, 05-11-2007 a las 15:33 +0100, Ollie escribiÃ:
Hello,

I know it is possible to activate speech right from the beginning of
installation in Ubuntu 7.10. How do I do that please?

How can the equivalent of Systray icons be reached in Ubuntu 7.10?
Thanks, and best wishes,
Ollie