Re: [orca-list] plugging other language voices

Hi Ishwor:

Good sleuthing!

Is it a problem with gnome-speech, because I have the older version?

It might be.

So I tried installing newer version of gnome-speech ( the link you
gave me), but it couldn't be configured as it produced

"configure: error: Package requirements ( ORBit-2.0 >= 2.3.94) were
not met:
No package 'ORBit-2.0' found"

I forget what OS distribution you are using.  If it's Ubuntu, you can
type the following command to get all the stuff you need to build
gnome-speech:

 sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-speech

Hope this helps,

Will