Re: [orca-list] plugging other language voices

Hi Ishwor:

        (assoc 'language (cadr (voice.description
        'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
        (assoc 'dialect (cadr (voice.description
        'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
        (assoc 'gender (cadr (voice.description
        'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
        (assoc 'coding (cadr (voice.description
        'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))

There was no output for these commands, so I searched into existing
kal_diphone voice and found where it is. I added similar description
of my voice in festvox/mpp_nep_eks_clunits.scm file.

I was lucky that the test-speech listed the voice now, and the orca
too showed the voice in the list.

Yeah!  When you run test-speech, can you get the voice to speak?  If
not, then it won't work with Orca.  :-(

Orca though is not echoing any nepali characters I write in gedit, and
doesn't read nepali menu in the  localized ubuntu.

Is it possible to log/ see what is being sent to gnome-speech
( festival server ) while the orca is running.

If you uncomment the following lines in your ~/.orca/user-settings.py
file, Orca will log information regarding what is being sent to speech
and braille to 'debug.out':

orca.debug.debugLevel = orca.debug.LEVEL_INFO
orca.debug.debugFile = open('debug.out', 'w', 0)

Hope this helps,

Will