Re: [orca-list] plugging other language voices

Hi Ishwor:

Inside festival, it shows my voice when i use (voice.list)
(kal_diphone hindi_NSK_diphone mpp_nep_eks_clunits)

"mpp_nep_eks_clunits" is my voice for nepali.

The problem is that this voice isn't being listed in the Orca
preferences. Since my voice works well in festival, I don't think the
problem is with the festival. May be something to be done in
gnome-speech driver or the orca.

If you run the following commands in the interactive festival shell,
what do you get for results?

(assoc 'language (cadr (voice.description 'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
(assoc 'dialect (cadr (voice.description 'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
(assoc 'gender (cadr (voice.description 'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))
(assoc 'coding (cadr (voice.description 'mpp_nep_eks_clunits)))

Finally, you might try downloading/building/installing the latest
gnome-speech.  Version 0.14.12 has a fix in it to support festival
languages without dialects.  You can grab the gnome-speech v0.14.14
release from yesterday at the following URL:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/gnome-speech/0.4/gnome-speech-0.4.14.tar.gz

When you build/install this, try running gnome-speech's test-speech
application.  It should hopefully list your voice.  If it does, then
Orca should list your voice.

Hope this helps,

Will