Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.90 [Was: Re: Compiling 2.15.4]

On Sun, Aug 06, 2006 at 11:05:54 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 8/6/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
Since xrender isn't installed as part of GNOME I stuck a link to the
system's xrender in ${perfix}/lib/pkgconfig:

 lrwxrwxrwx 1 magnus magnus 29 2006-08-06 08:38 xrender.pc -> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xrender.pc

Is that necessary to do?

No, that's a hack.

If so, it's a bit of a pain, isn't it?

Sounds like your ~/.jhbuildrc is busted, as Don pointed out.  You will
probably find lots of similar problems elsewhere, and really need to
fix your ~/.jhbuildrc file.  Note that at the sites with the
modulesets, we provide a sample one.  It always tells jhbuild to use
/usr/lib/pkgconfig as well as $prefix/lib/pkgconfig.  Take a look at
it and at least copy out the relevant lines.

My ~/.jhbuildrc contains the following line:

 addpath('PKG_CONFIG_PATH', '/usr/lib/pkgconfig')

If that should take care of it I can report that it doesn't :-)
I used the example jhbuildrc that comes with the 2.15.90 modulesets.

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of
enthusiastic about.
     -- Albert Einstein