Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.90 [Was: Re: Compiling 2.15.4]

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 23:51 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 13:18:07 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 8/2/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
[..]
What version of freetype2 are you using?

I'm using 2.1.9 (version that comes with rhel4/centos4)

Ah, OK. I created an extra moduleset with that version. Added a
dependency and an include tag. That took me past that problem :-)

Another interesting thing is that GNOME 2.14 in Debian uses
fontconfig version 2.3.2, while the moduleset for 2.15.90 uses
2.2.96. Any particular reason?

It was the most recent version available at
http://freedesktop.org/fontconfig/release/.  Now that you've pointed
out there are newer versions, I just did some searches and found
http://www.fontconfig.org/release/, which I'll use to replace the
download location for the script that generates the tarball modulesets.
Thanks.  :)

My pleasure :-)

Now onto the next problem... gtk+ :(

Configuration ends with

 checking Pango flags... configure: error:
 *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
 *** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.

gtk+ checks that pkg-configure knows about pangocairo. It seems that
package doesn't exist :( How do I get Pango to build a package with
Cairo support? (I have pangoft2 and pangox.)

rhel4/centos4 are a bit too old.
you would require a lot of packages to be replaced.
try using fc5.

/M