Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.90 [Was: Re: Compiling 2.15.4]

On Sat, Aug 05, 2006 at 10:38:39 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 8/5/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:

Well, I followed your advice and took a look at the config.log in pango
and found several lines similar to the following:

 /opt/tarball-gnome2/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to `XRenderQueryExtension'

Apparently Xrender.h wasn't present when building cairo. If pango
depends on cairo being built with the xrender backend shouldn't we add a
--enable-xlib-xrender=yes to autogenargs for cairo?

Yes, that makes sense.

Another question: pango.pc contains a dependency on cairo, which in turn
contains the following line:

 Requires.private:   xrender >= 0.6 libpng12 freetype2 >= 8.0.2 fontconfig

Does that mean that ${prefix}/bin/pkg-config needs to know about
xrender?

Since xrender isn't installed as part of GNOME I stuck a link to the
system's xrender in ${perfix}/lib/pkgconfig:

 lrwxrwxrwx 1 magnus magnus 29 2006-08-06 08:38 xrender.pc -> /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xrender.pc

Is that necessary to do?
If so, it's a bit of a pain, isn't it?

/M

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

The right to search for truth implies also a duty; one must not
conceal any part of what one has recognized to be true.
     -- Albert Einstein