Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.90 [Was: Re: Compiling 2.15.4]

On 8/5/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:

Well, I followed your advice and took a look at the config.log in pango
and found several lines similar to the following:

 /opt/tarball-gnome2/lib/libcairo.so: undefined reference to `XRenderQueryExtension'

Apparently Xrender.h wasn't present when building cairo. If pango
depends on cairo being built with the xrender backend shouldn't we add a
--enable-xlib-xrender=yes to autogenargs for cairo?

Yes, that makes sense.

So, how do I tell jhbuild to re-build and re-install a specific package?

`buildone cairo` doesn't seem to do it:

 % jhbuild -m ~/prog/gnome/jhbuild/2.15.90/gnome-2.15.90.modules buildone cairo
 *** success *** [1/1]

This is because tarball modules tend to not need to be rebuilt in
general[1].  The way around it is to edit
$prefix/share/jhbuild/packagedb.xml and remove the line corresponding
to the tarball that you want rebuilt.

Cheers,
Elijah

[1] To understand this, think in terms of a mixed cvs/tarball
installation which mostly uses cvs -- i.e. the way jhbuild is normally
used.  There are only a few tarball modules in those modulesets and
they are some kind of external dependency that you only want to build
once, while you track the rest of the modules as they are updated
everytime you rerun build.