Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.4

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 21:29:27 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 7/28/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:
Did you get fontconfig to build?

I get the following:
<snip>
  fcfreetype.c:53:10: error: #include expects "FILENAME" or <FILENAME>

The line in question reads:

 #include FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H

I've done a recursive grep through the package and can't find any
reference to FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H besides that particular line.

Any suggestions?

A quick google search only turns up a few results, but one irc log
containing that error seems to suggest a possible bug in freetype and
that downgrading should fix the problem for you.  You probably have a
newer version than me.  Might work, but I'm not really sure.

Hmm, can't find the IRC log you mention, but I did find this[1] which
suggests that using freetype2 internal objects isn't the way to go. Of
course, I don't really know what I'm talking about, I'm just pattern
matching...

What version of freetype2 are you using?
Version 2.2.1 is in Debian Sid. There's no earlier version available in
Testing.

Another interesting thing is that GNOME 2.14 in Debian uses fontconfig
version 2.3.2, while the moduleset for 2.15.90 uses 2.2.96. Any
particular reason?

Debian's fontconfig is still built with a patch that seems to deal with
FT_INTERNAL_OBJECTS_H. I'm attaching it for the interested readers :-)

/M

[1]: http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-modular/2006-January/000890.html

magnus therning org             Jabber: magnus therning gmail com
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

Some operating systems are called 'user friendly', Linux however is
'expert friendly'.