Re: [gnome-love] Compiling 2.15.90 [Was: Re: Compiling 2.15.4]

On 8/4/06, Magnus Therning <magnus therning org> wrote:

Now onto the next problem... gtk+ :(

Configuration ends with

 checking Pango flags... configure: error:
 *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
 *** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.

gtk+ checks that pkg-configure knows about pangocairo. It seems that
package doesn't exist :( How do I get Pango to build a package with
Cairo support? (I have pangoft2 and pangox.)

I wonder if this was a case of using a different freetype here than
the one you used when you built pango.  Anyway, for configure
problems, I tend to go to the module's directory, open up the
config.log file, and then search for the output near the error (e.g.
'checking Pango flags' in this case).  That may provide more
information.

In this case, it seems to be calling pkg-config.  What's the output of
 pkg-config --cflags pango pangocairo
?  What's the output of
 ls $prefix/lib/pkgconfig/pango*
?