Re: QMI support in network-manager-applet

On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 13:23 -0500, dag dg wrote:
Appears to be working now. When I initially did this it was showing
the card as available. Then when I clicked on it to connect, it
connected in the background, but if you were to check nm-applet it
shows under "Mobile Broadband" 2 entries of "not enabled". While in
this state if you check ifconfig you'll see wwan0 with an IP and if
you test it you will see that you are connected.  For the "not
enabled" entries, the first one is greyed out(where the signal
strength indicator normally goes, like AT&T LTE then shows the bars)
and then the second one is clickable. If you click on it it pops up
with an error message basically stating that "this interface is not
managed by Network Manager". After restarting Network Manager though
this issue seemed to go away(it shows the AT&T connection even after
connecting along with the strength and will let you disconnect), and
after a reboot it was working fine as well; I'll keep an eye out and
see if the behavior comes back. Outside of that everything appears to
be working.

On the Fedora side I'm not sure what the roadmap is for getting this
pulled; libqmi isn't even available as an RPM yet. However on my end
I'm a happy camper; it's working fine in nm-applet now I just have to
get a startup script to load the right modules and assign the right
device addresses.

libqmi is proposed for review but there always needs to be somebody that
does the review, and that only seems to be possible via horse-trading.
That said, we could just pull in MM with a private copy of libqmi and
libmbim until the official packages get approved :)

Dan

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:35 AM, Aleksander Morgado