Re: F16 NetworkManager icon showing connecting when connected

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 19:35:33 -0500
Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com> wrote:

> >> Anyway, this is what I am seeing right now:
> >>
> >> # iwconfig wlan0
> >> wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any
> >>             Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm
> >>             Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
> >>             Encryption key:off
> >>             Power Management:off
> >>
> >> # iw dev wlan0 link
> >> Not connected.
> >>
> >> And yet I know I am connected as this message will be going out when I
> >> click on send!
> > So at this point it's completely a driver problem.  If you're actually
> > connected, then *both* these commands should report that fact.  NM
> > trusts the kernel here, and the kernel is letting us down.  NM has no
> > way of knowing that we're connected to anything at all if the kernel
> > doesn't report that correctly :(
>
> Great.  So how do I get all this to the proper REALTEK people?  One
> would think....  This is after all a Lenovo that once had a hisgtory of
> great Linux support...

I found this from a month or so back:

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/wireless/478539-wireless-problem-rtl8188ce-rtl8192ce.html

I don't know anything more about it than this, but perhaps you could
see if you can find out when the fix is going to make it into the
upstream kernel tree and hence be brought into Fedora.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde