Re: Network Manager reason codes

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Sven Nielsen <post svennielsen de> wrote:

> No, according to "man iwconfig" it would mean setting it to some negative value:
> Go to the location in the middle between your access points. You find this by issuing "iwlist <wlan_if> scan"
> repeatedly. Monitor the "Signal level": If both APs show roughly the same level, say e.g. "-55 dBm", you have
> found the middle. Now, set "sens" to some value a little lower, e.g.
>
> iwconfig <wlan_if> sens -60

I seem to have been thwarted at the first try - I had done the
walkaround and found the mid point but when I set the sens value by
doing
iwconfig wlan0 sens -65
I get:
Error for wireless request "Set Sensitivity" (8B08) :
      SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not supported.

I was doing this as root so it seems I can't change the sens value
unless there is some permission that needs changing somewhere?
The man command for iwconfig in Fedora 14 confirms that this command
is available but executing it does not work so I am a but stuck!
--
mike c