Re: Network Manager patched on Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

This is something I understand completely. But those bugs have been reported in great detail with logs and everything in launchpad. If it would be helpful I can find them in launchpad and place links here. Would it be helpful?

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 00:00 +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Hey, Dan!
> Thanks for the advice. I am certainly keen on helping the community to
> solve the problem, but the bug had been reported to launchpad with
> like a dozen duplicates. The daily builds were suggested as partial
> fix but since then I could get no information from anywhere and bug
> reports on launchpad do not seem to be updated anymore. My friend was
> asking me whether he should install Karmic and I couldn't say "yes",
> since if his first GNU/Linux experience would be like that, I think
> this would not be a good thing. So eventually I decided to contact
> this mailing list directly, so that I can get some firsthand
> information.
>
> My dream would be to get a new version of NM. Uninstall this one,
> install this one and have it work normally like it did in 9.04 %) All
> apps get bugs like this one sometimes - I am not complaining. I just
> want to know if something is being done and if yes - when is a total
> fix planned? To me it is a serious blocker.

You can't realize that dream until we get some help in debugging the
issue so that we can fix the problem.  We also can't do anything until
users help us debug the problem by answering the questions that I've
asked.

Dan