Network Manager patched on Ubuntu Karmic 9.10

Hey guys!

I just signed up to this mailing list, so I bet after an upgrade to Karmic a lot of people posted on the bug in Network Manager that said "insufficient priviliges" and did not allow people to connect to DSL.

I have three questions regarding this issue.

1. After having installed the "patched" version from daily builds which partially solves the problem, I am still having problems. After several times of connecting Network Manager would start asking for a password for DSL and no matter what I enter, it simply disconnects. The only solution there seems to be to delete the connections through Edit Connections, create a new one and reenter my DSL username and password. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. When I boot the system, NM would try to automatically connect to some Wired connection lfupdown (eth1). It seems to be there by default. Since I have no wired connection, it of course, always fails. I cannot edit it, the Edit button is grayed out when I select this connection. I tried making my DSL connection automatically connect, but then it begins to ask for password and says again "Insufficient privileges" and I have to start over again. Is there any way to remove this default non-existing connection?

3. Since I've upgraded to Karmic it has been two weeks. And yet I am still having problems with NM. Because of that I cannot suggest Ubuntu 9.10 to my friends and in fact, thinking to switch from Ubuntu either to 9.04 or to another distro because of that. I do not want to enter a username and password - both of which are pretty cumbersome - each time I want to login to Internet.
However, I do not know about release cycles. Maybe all I have to do is wait a bit. So my question is this - is there a working fix to this problem that completely eliminates this bug. If not - is it being worked on? And will it be appearing in the Ubuntu updates?

With respect,
Louigi Verona.