Re: RFC 4833 / TimeZone by DHCP

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 19:08 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> > Or the international clock listens and makes the change since it knows
> > how to do that.
>
> Exactly; that's the ideal case.  I want the model to be pull _from_
> NetworkManager provided information, not have NM push stuff out.

I'm a bit late into the conversation.  How would this work?

1. Clock listens for "network went up/down"

2. When the network goes up, the clock asks NM for "gimme the DHCP data"

3. Clock sets the timezone.

What happens if you don't have a clock applet? :)

Should NM just have a magic script to set the timezone?

  Federico