Re: RFC 4833 / TimeZone by DHCP

On Tue, 2007-12-04 at 08:46 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Hello

> >> Or the international clock listens and makes the change since it knows
> >> how to do that.
> >
> > Exactly; that's the ideal case.  I want the model to be pull _from_
> > NetworkManager provided information, not have NM push stuff out.
> >

> Well, that sounds actually like a very ideal cae. Is there somewhere already documented how any application can pull any information from NM? Is this interface ready? If so, I could start getting in touch with the 'International Clock' team for an implementation from this side.

No, the interface isn't defined yet.  Comments and suggestions
welcome...  I currently envision that it would be a D-Bus interface of
any currently active Connection object.  However, Connection objects
aren't represented as first-class objects in NM yet, which we may wish
to do for this and other reasons.

Dan