Re: RFC 4833 / TimeZone by DHCP

On Dec 3, 2007 11:06 AM, Dominique Leuenberger
<Dominique Leuenberger tmf-group com> wrote:
> As an international traveling user (mostly inside our company) I would like very much to have the ability to have an accurate, local time on my system wherever I am.
> RFC 4833 aims directly at this and allows network administrators to push out via DHCP the current time zone (which can easily configured).
>
> Would it be possible to implement this into our NM?

NM just gained the ability to support static routes from DHCP
(http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2007-November/msg00173.html),
if anyone's interested in adding time zone support, using that patch
as a template should make it pretty easy. The only tricky part may be
the actual setting of the time zone in such a way that it would work
on all distros.

Tambet