Re: openvpn fixes against svn 3138

Casey Harkins wrote:
Dan Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2007-12-05 at 14:56 -0600, Casey Harkins wrote:
Attached is a patch with a number of fixes for openvpn against svn revision 3138. I'm still having some crashes creating/editing properties, but can consistently create new working settings by running /usr/bin/nm-vpn-properties directly. Connecting is working fine for me (X509 with password, TA and UDP).

I'm going to continue poking away at the property issues and see if I can eliminate the remaining issues.

No problem. They'll be more coming. There's still some config crashes, DNS is not getting set up correctly and there is a long standing bug when specifying custom routes that I plan on fixing now that I've started familiarizing myself with the code.

-casey

Thanks for the patches,

I've had a few issues while testing --

Error in nm-vpn-connection.c / get_secrets_cb(), due to a mandatory check for a secret. Presumably there are no secrets for my "X509 Certificates" connection type?

Error in nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper.c / main(), due to a mandatory check for "ifconfig_remote" which isn't specified on a TAP connection.

Also, I'm not getting a route added for the VPN subnet.

I've just commented these first two checks out for now, and have finally managed to make a VPN connection from F8! Keep up the good work ;)

Regards,
Jon