Re: NM does not work with iwl4965 device

Peter Van Lone wrote:
my wireless driver is:
IPW3945
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection
That's strange. I've been running with that device for ages with no problem at all. What's your distro/version etc.?

1)is that one of the devices that is supposed to be effected (I am not
familiar with iwl4965)?
I've only had the problem with the new Intel n-draft 4965 device

2)Has setting the SSID using NM with the AP_SCAN mode at 1 (instead of
using iwconfig to set the SSID) been tested and it works?

By me and yes - but it's a hack in the current state of affairs.
3)if simply changing the AP_SCAN mode to 1 will work, then how would
one do this, and still use NetworkManager ... is it as simple as
creating a wpa_supplicant.conf file and specifying that value?
Nope - You'd have to apply my patch and rebuild the application as things are now.

/Thomas