Re: NM does not work with iwl4965 device

On 8/8/07, Thomas M Steenholdt <tmus tmus dk> wrote:

> As to why we don't just use the AP_SCAN 1 "workaround" -> AP_SCAN 2
> works for other drivers, it should work for the iwl4965 people too. This
> is a problem of fixing things in the place that need fixing, not working
> around thing everywhere else. That said - the workaround is a temporary
> solution if you need it *now*.

ok, so the fix then is to correct the faulty behaviour of AP_SCAN mode
2 .. since I am not going to be helpful in that regard, I have a few
more questions:

my wireless driver is:
IPW3945
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network connection

1)is that one of the devices that is supposed to be effected (I am not
familiar with iwl4965)?

2)Has setting the SSID using NM with the AP_SCAN mode at 1 (instead of
using iwconfig to set the SSID) been tested and it works?

3)if simply changing the AP_SCAN mode to 1 will work, then how would
one do this, and still use NetworkManager ... is it as simple as
creating a wpa_supplicant.conf file and specifying that value?

Peter