Re: No dhclient started for wireless card

On 4/22/07, Darren Albers <dalbers gmail com> wrote:
How are you controlling Network Manager without the GUI?  VIA Dbus?  I
don't think NM can be used from a console without calling it through
dbus.   Additionally the logs you post show that you are starting NM
but then it stops right away so it never can associate.  Why are you
trying to run NM without one of the GUI's?

Indeed, as Darren writes, you need to be using one of the applets.
Personally, I use nm-applet (gtk-based); there's also, I think,
KNetworkManager, which is, obviously, KDE-based.

--
- Patrick Bogen