Re: No dhclient started for wireless card

Patrick Bogen wrote:

> Can you please attach some log output of your card associating to an AP?

What kind of log would you like me to send?  Associating with an AP
won't leave a trace in either dmesg output, /var/log/messages,
NetworkManager's debug output, or dbus-monitor --system.

The output of the iwconfig commands I'm running is below.

If that's helpful for you, the card works fine if I just run "dhclient
eth2" manually.

~ # iwconfig eth2
eth2      unassociated  ESSID:"Home"
          Mode:Managed  Channel=0  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:0 kb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

~ # iwconfig eth2 essid Student

~ # iwconfig eth2
eth2      IEEE 802.11g  ESSID:"Student"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: 00:15:C7:2A:6A:81
          Bit Rate:54 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   Sensitivity=8/0
          Retry limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=67/100  Signal level=-59 dBm  Noise level=-88 dBm