Re: 2 questions...

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 17:05 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:57 -0400, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
> > I've had it fail in weird cases sometimes.  I've even had it get into a
> > situation where it wouldn't do wired or wireless, and the applet was completely
> > ineffective in doing anything.  A reboot cleared that up, but I think there's
> > some sort of order-of-operations issue between NM, NM-applet, hal, and dbus
> > that can get it all into a very weird state.
>
> Tangentially, I have a somewhat similar problem where NM won't let me
> override its decision: if I am on wired and select a wireless network,
> it will switch to the wireless network but moments later switch back to
> wired.

Intended.  If you wanted a wireless network, why would you have a cable
plugged in?  If you want a wireless network, why are you docked and why
does the docking station have a cable plugged in?

Though in all fairness, we should probably disable the wireless networks
in the menu when you're plugged in.