Re: 2 questions...

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:36 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:32 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > This isn't something we really support right now, since
> > nm-applet/NetworkManagerInfo aren't running before you log in, therefore
> > NetworkManager cannot know stored preferences and other per-user config
> > information.  If you have an Ethernet cable plugged in, NM will most
> > likely attempt to use the wired connection.  But if you want the
> > wireless connection up before you log in, that's not going to happen.
>
> I've noticed that NM does not always up my Ethernet and here you write
> "most likely" -- is this a known bug?  Something I can fix?

Yeah, I wasn't sure about it.  I just tested it though, and it worked
for me.  The only thing that would make NM _not_ do it is if it doesn't
know that your wired interface is up, I think?  Feel free to investigate
if you like.  As I see it, the code doesn't prohibit wired interfaces
from coming up when NM starts.