Re: 2 questions...

Quoting Robert Love <rml novell com>:

> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:45 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I wasn't sure about it.  I just tested it though, and it worked
> > for me.  The only thing that would make NM _not_ do it is if it doesn't
> > know that your wired interface is up, I think?  Feel free to investigate
> > if you like.  As I see it, the code doesn't prohibit wired interfaces
> > from coming up when NM starts.
>
> It has worked for me lately, but has not worked in the past, which is
> why I asked.  If it works now, I am happy--I definitely think that NM
> should try to find an active wired connection without the applet.

I've had it fail in weird cases sometimes.  I've even had it get into a
situation where it wouldn't do wired or wireless, and the applet was completely
ineffective in doing anything.  A reboot cleared that up, but I think there's
some sort of order-of-operations issue between NM, NM-applet, hal, and dbus
that can get it all into a very weird state.

> 	Robert Love

-derek

       warlord MIT EDU                        PGP key available