Re: 2 questions...

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 22:13 +0200, Joris Vuffray wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:01 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 21:59 +0200, Joris Vuffray wrote:
> > > Nobody?
> > >
> > > Rgds,
> > > Joris

This isn't something we really support right now, since
nm-applet/NetworkManagerInfo aren't running before you log in, therefore
NetworkManager cannot know stored preferences and other per-user config
information.  If you have an Ethernet cable plugged in, NM will most
likely attempt to use the wired connection.  But if you want the
wireless connection up before you log in, that's not going to happen.

All the wireless keys, preferred network, and which networks you're
actually allowed to connect to are stored per-user, as designed, and
also as designed, NetworkManager won't attempt to connect to a wireless
network without that data since it couldn't possibly know which one to
connect to.