Re: signal strength problem for multiple ap's w/ the same essid

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:43 -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 12:02 -0500, Sven wrote:
>
> > i'm using NM that has the following first few lines in it Changelog:
> > 2005-01-29  Dan Williams  <dcbw    >
> >
> >         * initscript/RedHat/NetworkManager
> >                 - Don't spit out sysctl stuff to console
>
> That's just 1 day too old :)  If you update from CVS then you should get
> the new signal strength stuff, but as I mailed earlier today it looks
> like the driver is busted anyway WRT signal strength for our cards.

sorry about that... updated NM now ;-) as you said, now i see the signal
strength as x/y*100 (though i like  ln(x)/ln(y)*100 better - and for
some reason i thought this was "standard practice" ... but that's
nothing to argue about, it's all relative anyway) the displayed signal
quality it still doesn't change as i change my location. i will hold my
peace about signal strengths until the driver gets fixed, i guess.

now it's "only" a solution to the constant scanning problem that i'm
waiting for ;-) back to ifplugd for now.

thanks,

Sven