Re: signal strength problem for multiple ap's w/ the same essid

sorry for being imprecise: in my setup with multiple AP's, most of the
time NM reports a "correct" value of the signal strength. by correct i
mean the signal strength of the AP i'm connected to, and not the signal
strength of one of the AP's. but maybe i'm wrong, which i am if NM uses
the iwconfig or /proc/net/wireless signal quality values... i was
concerned that with multiple AP's with the same essid, NM would not
necessarily take the signal strength of the AP the card is connected to,
but accidentally the signal strength of another AP.

i use a little gdesklet applet to show the signal quality, and (not
knowing better) it is calculated from /proc/net/wireless as math.log
(quality+1)/math.log(92)*100 , which i am pretty happy with ( +1 to have
0 when quality=0 in /proc/net/wireless). when right next to my ap at
home, iwconfig reports 68/92, which gives me 92% in my gdesklet.
restarting NM when close to the AP gives 92% as well... so it seems that
NM uses a log formula as well, no? and 75/94 would translate to 95%...

should this be a concern? when changing locations, NM _does not_ change
the link quality displayed in the applet, while (getting closer and
further away) obviously changes the signal. i assume that will change at
a later point?

Sven