Re: [Muine] [Patch] Better album defining

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 08:30 +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:

> To my opinion, proper tagging, and therefore its use, is the key
> solution to solve this. It would be great to see your patch, without the
> removal of punctuations, as the basis for this.

You've still not provided a case where punctuation breaks, but this
issue isn't really directly related to the canonical thing, its about
not using the file pathname in the album key, as I see
artist+performer+title as a much better way to distingush albums than
the pathname. Proper tagging would make this better, but isn't
essential.

> Secondly, you mentioned about the decision to match performers. I
> believe you should, for some of us, I know Jorn has, have classical
> music, of which pieces could be performed by artists of this time, but
> of which the artist name is set to the composer.

Ah, okay, thats where performers comes from. I couldn't find any files
that had performers set that weren't the same as the artist.

iain