Re: [Muine] [Patch] Better album defining

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:41:24PM +0200, Viet Yen Nguyen wrote:
> > > When it comes down to the patch, my only objection is the removal of the
> > > punctuation, as this could lead to severe mistakes. The idea of a
> > > canonical form of lowercase chars is to my opinion a nice idea.
> >
> > Give me a case where the punctuation fails? I'd also advocate removing
> > punctuation in comparing artist names, so that albums aren't listed as
> > containing songs by both "N.E.R.D." and "nerd", but unfortunately that
> > would break with "!!!" (damn them)
>
> Well, one concrete example from my own music database is the artist Van.
> She has a song called Van - Trai, and another one, Van - Trai!, which is
> in performed in a totally different style. However, I am aware that the
> chances are little that someone else has the same problems, but I
> believe Muine should bet it safe and therefore not ignoring the
> punctuation.

imho this example is enough to be able to say that removing punctuation
is not a good idea...

i also support the idea to not to workaround broken music libraries...

we can create a separate program to edit the tags of the music files,
which could have some more aggressive heuristics and so on.

but not the music library...

hmmm...this reply of mine really does not contain much info..

ok..i'll make a shorter version:

me too
:))

gabor