Re: 1.3.2 bzr 'fixes' - still can't deal with exec bit changes

On 13 July 2010 10:21, Andrew Beyer <beyer andrew gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Beyer <beyer andrew gmail com> wrote:
>> In any case, couldn't meld use the "--short" form of the stat command?
>> Which I believe puts all the flags before each filename, and is
>> probably easier to parse anyway.
>>

> a quick glance at _lookup_tree_cache() in vc/bzr.py makes it look like
> the parsing is broken for other things too. Symlinks,  file renames,
> and kind changes (dir to file, or vice versa) can all add extra
> annotation after the filename in stat command output which isn't dealt
> with at all. The short form at least puts flags before the filename,
> which would disambiguate the "*" issue, but still shows renames as
> "old-filename => new-filename" and similar for kind changes. It looks
> like even in the short form, an "@" is appended on symlinks, which is
> also a valid if uncommon character in a filename.

Sounds like using --short would be a thoroughly sensible option.
Obviously the parsing could use some improvement as well, but if we
can easily move to --short and fix several bugs, then that sounds
great. Can someone file a bug?

cheers,
Kai