Using Meld as a Standalone Compare Library in Webapp?

heya,

I'm creating a small Python webapp (probably with Django) that aims to compare a number of key server config files against a original "golden source" image. There might be quite a few servers (e.g. 20 or so), and each would be compared against the main server image, on a number of key files.

I was hunting around for a _javascript_ or Python library that might be able to do it, and I did find jslib:

http://snowtide.com/jsdifflib

However, the output isn't quite as "pretty" as Meld, and also, it doesn't, for example, flag changed words in a line.

I'm wondering how hard it would be to abstract away Meld's compare and visual diff engine, to use in a webapp? Or is there anything in existence that does something similar, or any way to do it now?

Cheers,
Victor