Re: GNOME 3 videos

On 03/11/2011 08:44 AM, Allan Day wrote:

> My concern (aside from a few web design
> niggles ;) ) is the sustainability of this option. Will - what happens
> if you disappear off the face of the planet?

I think I talked about this on the #marketing the other day in response
to Sri's questions.

GNOME Miro Community currently runs on the PCF Miro Community service
system.  They're about to switch to a tiered service system where the
free tier only allows for a single admin and doesn't allow for any
customization of the site--css or templates.

If someone wants to pay for the service, then we could add another admin
and also change CSS and templates.  I don't have a complete breakdown of
the tiers, costs, and features, so we'll have to wait a bit for this data.

Alternatively, Miro Community (the software) is AGPL and so we could
host it on some GNOME server and do whatever we want.  If you want GMC
to be sustainable to the point where it exists beyond me, PCF, ..., then
I think you need to host it on a GNOME server somewhere.  However, I
don't really have time to be a full-time GMC admin on some other system.
 I'll definitely need help if this is what we want to do.

/will