Re: GNOME 3 videos

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 14:27, will kahn-greene <willg bluesock org> wrote:
This last bit is kind of important.  The last time I checked, you
couldn't access the html5/webm version of YouTube without an account and
without being logged in.

If that's still the case, then I can't do the html5/webm versions on
GNOME Miro Community.

According to this you can force HTML5 with &html5=1 on the video URL in the IFRAME player:
https://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=3999166edeabe3da&hl=en

I tried it on Firefox 4 and it didn't work but it did work on Chrome. The video I tested was this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok100U4Fo3Y&html5=1

Can you try it with some existing Miro video from YouTube and see if it works? Note that you must use the IFRAME player.

 Also, GNOME Miro Community will be looking at
different versions of the videos and thus I'm pretty sure we'll have to
do subtitle stuff for both the webm and the non-webm versions of the video.

UT doesn't care about versions, as far as I know. It'll be one translation file for all formats.