Re: bad press in the G+ circles/press

2011/8/8 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:
>> I'm not saying other Gnome people, but rather other Gnome users are not
>> chiming in and supporting it.
>
> That might tell you something right there.
>
> GNOME 3.0 might be awesomesauce for new users, but it doesn't seem to
> be striking a chord with existing GNOME users. So, what seems to be
> happening here is trading an established user base for a potential
> user base - with very little muscle to reach the potential user base.

Well, first of all, I suggest to ignore such notions or posts. Sorry,
but just because Linus doesn't like it (he has bashed GNOME 2 before,
twice), it doesn't mean that GNOME 3 is invalid. Everyone can have his
personal opinion. Famous people pitches are nice touch, but usually
works for applications, not for entire environments.

Mine casual experience says that most of regular Ubuntu users (2 - 3
years) *I know* for example dig GNOME 3 and say it's better than Unity
and only few with very specific custom needs shun it. Of course, it
might differ from person to person, but overall feeling is that
regular GNOME users who doesn't customize a lot their environments
have no problems with GS and GNOME 3.

Just my two cents,
Peteris.