Re: bad press in the G+ circles/press

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM, pecisk gmail com <pecisk gmail com> wrote:
> If dissenting voices has nothing to offer than "it is all wrong, I
> will go with product x", then it is not even worth to bother, because
> all it does it creates flame wars like this. There is constructive
> criticism (bug reports, written use cases which doesn't work), and
> then there is just empty posturing, just because you disagree with
> overall direction of platform.

I didn't say "it is all wrong" or anything of the sort. I simply said
that it might be instructive to note that few GNOME users are coming
out to support GNOME 3 in the wake of Linus, Ted, and others
criticizing it.

I'm 100% certain that wouldn't have been the case three years ago. I
talk to a lot of people, and I've found very few who genuinely like
GNOME 3.0 - and I'm talking about people who've loved or at least
liked GNOME 2.x.

BTW, Linus and others, while ranting, have also pointed to specific
things they do not like about GNOME 3.

Sorry, I didn't want to turn this into a referendum on  GNOME 3 design.  The answer could simply be that kernel developers have the support of other kernel developers who in turn are also just saying the same thing.

sri