Re: bad press in the G+ circles/press

2011/8/8 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb zonker net>:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
>> Anywho, this isn't a helpful comment. This list is for marketing GNOME.
>
> So, marketing GNOME means hearing no dissenting voices. Got it. Thanks
> for being very clear on that point.

If dissenting voices has nothing to offer than "it is all wrong, I
will go with product x", then it is not even worth to bother, because
all it does it creates flame wars like this. There is constructive
criticism (bug reports, written use cases which doesn't work), and
then there is just empty posturing, just because you disagree with
overall direction of platform. I disagree with Apple direction for
example, but that's why I don't care to write how bad they are - I
just ignore them. Life is too short for such shit.

Peter.