Re: Campaign Proposal

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 10:43 -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:
> Nelson:
>
> Coming up with a good campaign requires a lot of discussion, and
> takes time to develop properly.  It is tricky to get the associations
> right on.
>
> I do think that there is general agreement that associating GNOME with
> a positive and humanitarian cause is a good idea.  Also, who does not
> like fuzzy animals.
>
> As I suggested before, why don't we pick animals that have recovered
> from being extinct, such as the bald eagle, the grizzly bear, the
> gray wolf, the green sea turtle, or the Florida panther?

Did we had a role in that recovery? That option doesn't provide it.
While we can act on a positive way, actually doing something, we should
turn out backs to it and go for the easier way? That's a fine a example
we give to our free contributors. Messes with my ethical senses. I do
like victory knots on my belt, but only if I contributed for them.
Why should we advertise other people's work? Do we benefit anything from
it?

That doesn't sound like a cause to me, just some plain cheap obtained
interest. We should show commitment (as our developers show to us), and
not trying to cut some slack on other peoples work.