Campaign Proposal

Hi all,

In attachment there is a proposal for a new campaign and it's goals. To
unravel this a bit, it aims to position GNOME brand as an ecological
supporting brand alongside with some things we can do to promote this.

Another aspect interesting is that through this campaign we are also
trying to mobilize new artists to cooperate with GNOME Project.

There are other concerns, and this campaign was designed to be a generic
campaign that would allow other campaigns to brew from this one, mainly
to support GNOME through art.

I am proposing with this campaign the following:

1. Give names to GNOME Releases based on endangered species which share
strong points with the main features of GNOME. This is appealing to
users and at some point allows the usage of a more catchy name for every
release, thus we promote a social responsible cause and broaden our
contributors to a new standard, including organizations which promote
several endangered species through the donation of art and media such as
high resolution pictures, movies, etc.
This is also a great opportunity to advocate the usage of Free
Standards.

2. Support the existing GNOME artistic community through the
availability of donated media.

3. Stimulate Open Desktop standard through following up campaigns and
"call for help" campaigns that are aimed to introducing GNOME to more
people and thus increase our artists.

4. Provide grounds that can improve the concept people have around
GNOME, and earn more muscle.

I would deeply like that everyone could advance with suggestions for
this campaign and place in personal comments so I can work to make it an
attractive campaign and take it from paper into implementation.

Despite I don't need help to make this happen, as I am willing to offer
my time to gather for support between other organizations, to work in
the wiki campaign page, and whatever is necessary, I would like to have
someone that can speak in the name of GNOME Foundation to follow this so
that it complies with the vision behind GNOME.

 Please flame at will...

 Nelson