Re: Marketing, GNOME 3.0 and subteams

So I think we should keep this not-app store small at first like Andreas suggested.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 2:53 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:

That's called a "distribution" - I'm not convinced :)

But I don't think adding more apps would make it a distribution. A distribution is the software I get with my computer. An app store is a place I can go to download additional software for my computer.

One of the things I really liked about the non-app store idea is that it'll know which apps will run on my computer as is. So I can download gimp for Linux if I'm on Linux or gimp for Windows if I'm on Windows, and I don't even have to know that was an issue. I just download the photo editing software that I need - for free. (And if we could somehow use SEO techniques to capture the people who's Adobe Photoshop trial just ended ... that'd be cool.)

Stormy